Products & Services
Girodat Seeds Ltd. grows and processes spring, winter and durum wheat, barley, triticale, chick peas, peas, lentils and forages, including many of the top varieties from SeCan, Canterra, FP Genetics and Pickseed. We can also access many canola varieties.
Seed is available for both wholesale and retail purchase. You can pick up the seed from our farm in the spring. If you are a wholesale purchaser, you can either pick up the seed, or we can deliver if within 100 km.
Varieties available for 2017
All seed of the varieties listed has been graded Certified #1.
- Still the preferred malt variety
- Two-row feed variety
- Top yielder in both grain and forage
- Forage variety with reduced awn
- Agronomics similar to CDC Bethune, somewhat larger seed size
- Solid stem variety giving it good resistance to sawfly
- Highest rating for protein
- Earliest maturing variety of the varieties currently available
- High yielding
- Well-adapted to all durum growing areas
- A step up from Strongfield: improved yield, superior resistance to Fusarium head blight and strip rust, easier threshing
- Red lentil with good yield and standability
- High-yielding yellow pea
- Medium maturity rating with good lodging rating